This online interactive and NBAA-approved Professional Development Program (PDP) course covers the Aircraft Maintenance and Facilities Operations 2 (AF2) objective in entirety. The AF2 objective has six sub-objectives. Each sub-objective has a video lesson, ebook, and bonus audio MP3 of the video lesson. The course includes quizzes, discussions, and a certificate of completion. Completion of this course requires approximately 3.5 hours. It does NOT need to be completed in one sitting.
Topics covered in this course:
- a. Identify applicable regulatory requirements and documents (e.g., Federal Aviation Regulations [FAR], Airworthiness Directives [AD], Original Equipment Manufacturer [OEM] manuals, Return to Service, and Minimum Equipment List [MEL] procedures)
- b. Determine appropriate airworthiness program (e.g., annual, progressive, phase, manufacturer recommended program, scheduled inspections)
- c. Identify methods to comply with manufacturer's specifications and standard practices (e.g., maintenance control programs, procedures for inspections, repairs, prevention)
- d. Manage contract aircraft/engine maintenance and parts programs
- e. Recognize the importance of evaluating, selecting and incorporating pertinent technical data (e.g., service bulletins, Supplemental Type Certificate [STC], field approval)
- f. Identify components and importance of a tool control program