This online interactive and NBAA-approved Professional Development Program (PDP) course covers the Operations 9 (OPS9) objective in entirety. The OPS9 objective has five sub-objectives. Each sub-objective has a video lesson, ebook, and bonus audio MP3 of the video lesson. The course includes quizzes, discussions, and a certificate of completion. Completion of this course requires approximately 3 hours. It need NOT be completed in one sitting.
Topics covered in this course:
- a. Identify principles of resource management techniques (e.g., Crew/Cockpit Resource Management [CRM], Dispatch Resource Management [DRM], Maintenance Resource Management [MRM])
- b. Recognize similarities and differences among CRM, DRM and MRM (e.g., life events, working with diverse personalities, perceptions, behavioral patterns)
- c. Develop policies and procedures which utilize available human, technical and communication resources safely and effectively (e.g., communication limitations, feedback mechanisms, open door policy)
- d. How to promote and maintain a culture of safety in the organization through specific individual actions
- e. How to reinforce an organizational philosophy toward error-free performance (e.g., causes and effects of human error)