This online interactive and NBAA-approved Professional Development Program (PDP) course covers the Operations 6 (OPS6) objective in entirety. The OPS6 objective has six sub-objectives. Each sub-objective has a video lesson, ebook, and bonus audio MP3 of the video lesson. The course includes quizzes, discussions, and a certificate of completion. Completion of the course requires approximately 5 hours. It need NOT be completed in one sitting.
Topics covered in this course:
- a. Identify regulatory requirements related to SMS
- b. Formulate safety policy and objectives (e.g., management commitment, safety accountability, appointment of key safety personnel, SMS documentation)
- c. Practice safety risk management (e.g., hazard identification, safety risk assessment and mitigation)
- d. Evaluate safety assurance (e.g., safety performance, monitor, measurement, change management, review and revision of the SMS)
- e. Practice safety promotion (e.g., safety culture survey, communication, training, education)
- f. Evaluate developmental options (e.g. internal/external options)