This online interactive and NBAA-approved Professional Development Program (PDP) course covers the Business Management 3 (BM3) objective in entirety. The BM3 objective has eight sub-objectives. Each sub-objective has a video lesson, ebook, and bonus audio MP3 of the video lesson. The course includes quizzes, discussions, and a certificate of completion. Completion of this course requires approximately 4.25 hours. It need NOT be completed in one sitting.
Topics covered in this course:
- a. Recognize and apply generally accepted accounting principles (e.g., valuation and depreciation, use of general ledger)
- b. Identify aviation department budget components including immediate and forecasted (e.g., life cycle, maintenance, training, depreciation, fixed and variable costs)
- c. Create budget based on accounting principles, budget components and forecasted aircraft use
- d. Implement strategies to align the aviation department budget into the overall company budget and financial systems
- e. Utilize periodic financial and accounting reports to monitor budget progress (e.g., budget vs. actual, run rate, profit & loss, balance sheet) and implement strategies for controlling revenues and expenses
- f. Identify permitted cost allocation and recovery plans (e.g., charge backs, warranty)
- g. Determine applicable regulatory requirements (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act [FCPA])
- h. Determine and apply internal and external controls and audits using expertise within department and company
Hi, I'm Dr. Daniel Prather, A.A.E., CAM, the developer and facilitator of this course and creator of PDPCredit.com.
As an educator since 2006, a Certified Aviation Manager since 2013, and an NBAA-approved provider since 2014, I personally created PDPCredit.com to bring PDP courses to business aviation professionals regardless of time travel schedules or availability. These online courses are available when you are! More courses will be rolled out in the near future, so please bookmark us! Reach out with any questions or comments! Lifelong learning is easy with PDPCredit.com.
Email: [email protected]